Saturday, September 15, 2007

What's in a blog?

I’m new to this. Bear with me.

Most blogs I read are chock full of valuable info, charming anecdotes, and helpful comments by fellow readers. They’re a pleasure to read, and keep a permanent place in my bookmarks.

How can I possibly compete? Well, in truth, I can’t.

Not yet, anyway.

I’ve been trying to come up with a hook, an angle, something I can do with this blog to make it stand out. Harbor a community of like-minded individuals. Offer genuine and helpful information.

Where to start, where to start.

First off, it’s important to understand who I am. I am a writer. Unpublished, but working on it. I have two novels under my belt and am working on a third, a slew of short stories, two CD’s of original songs (recorded long ago, but still mine, okay!), and notebook after notebook of false starts, strange concepts, cool characters and the occasional poem.

Perhaps I can share my experiences “slogging through the mire,” so to speak, of finding an agent and getting my book published. Other writers are doing this, and finding great blogging success. Or, I can post snippets of works-in-progress, or short stories, or other things for y’all to read and ponder. But I’m fairly thin-skinned when it comes to things like that.

So, what to do? I’ll come up with something, I promise. Until then, maybe leave me a comment. I am assuming, of course, that there are people out there actually reading this right now.

There are, aren’t there?

Hello?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello!
I like your blog.......hillarious video! :)
-K

Bernita said...

"that there are people out there actually reading this right now."
Yup. There Are.
Nice to see you.

Scott said...

Welcome, Bernita!

Wonderwood said...

Scott, hello. Saw your opening on EE's blog. Nice work!

Scott said...

Thanks, WW. And welcome to the Staircase!