Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Everybody's Doing It

So there I was, diligently editing my novel-in-progress, when this pesky buzzing sound infiltrated my peace of mind. I removed my headphones, hoping that a little tap on the speaker would do the trick.


No such luck.


It turned out that the headphones worked perfectly. The buzzing came from inside my head. No way to turn it off. 


So I listened to it, and over a few seconds, the buzzing became a voice.


What did the voice say?


It said, "Start a blog." Really. I kid you not.


"Why should I?" I asked. "That would mean that everybody would be able to peek into my hidden world, know the inner goings-on of my life, and perhaps make nasty comments about my worth, or worse, my writing ability."


"Start a blog," the voice said again. I wished it would just go back to buzzing. 


"Give me one good reason," I said, "and I will."


"Fine," it said. "Everybody's doing it."


Good enough for me. So here we are.

No comments: